Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Garden

I have always loved to garden. I can't say I have a green thumb... but I really enjoy it. 
For the past three years, I have planted a container garden on my patio. This year I got off to a late start. I didn't plant anything until Memorial Day weekend. I was afraid I waited too long, but my garden appears to be quite prosperous despite the fact I regularly forget to water my crops. 

 I planted cucumbers next to the railing of my balcony. There are many cucumbers that are about to blossom. Hopefully, a few will make it.
I planted three tomatoes in two separate containers. Combined, I have 16 tomatoes growing. They vary in size from roughly that of a tennis ball to that of golf ball. There are a few that are being to change color. MMM homegrown tomatoes!!!

I have an herb box with rosemary, sage , oregano, and mint. I also have basil planted in one of my tomato planters.

My second tomato plant was attacked by some flipping chipmunks last week. They apparently like the taste of tomato roots. Some of leaves became discolored. I hope my hearty tomato can tough it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment